[MLton-devel] mlton on freebsd

Sam Rushing srushing@ironport.com
30 Aug 2002 12:58:40 -0700

--=-Tc3t9dSqWQCi8iDdkKdY

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 19:20, Stephen Weeks wrote:
>=20
> > I wonder if we could skip the whole linux emulation issue if someone
> > could send me a tarball with the generated assembly?
>=20
> I put a tarball of the generated assembly for the latest experimental
> release (20020825) on the MLton files page at sourceforge:
>=20
> 	https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D50419
>=20
> Grab mlton-20020825-1.C-and-asm.tgz.

Thanks.  I may not actually need it now - I made considerable progress
yesterday.  The idea of fetching the latest cvs-mlton also made me
realize that the 'ports' version of sml-nj was too old to work with your
makefiles.  Once I upgraded to a more recent version of sml-nj I was
able to compile mlton with sml-nj.

Then late last night I tried to do a bootstrap build, and left it
running for a an hour or more - eventually smlnj got a sighup - I think
again it's related to memory constraints, but around the 500MB mark, not
the 1.6GB mark.  [I probably need to tweak some ulimit/sysctl to allow
it to mmap more - freebsd is pretty famous for limiting access to
resources by default]

I had to tweak a few of the xxx-constants.h files as well. Stay tuned!

-Sam

--=-Tc3t9dSqWQCi8iDdkKdY

--=-Tc3t9dSqWQCi8iDdkKdY--