old die.sml segfault bug

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:58:56 -0600

I  re-ran  the  original failing program (not the small version) and with the
compiler I just checked out  from  the  repository  it  runs  out  of  memory
correctly but with the 2001-10-06 release it segfaults.  We know that one bug
got fixed (the array size being a bit or two too big), but I wish I had  more
confidence that there aren't any other bugs here.  After all, all it takes is
for the compiler to have changed enough that the gc  happens  at  a  slightly
different  point,  or  that the live variables are slightly different, and it
must just have been perturbed, but not killed.  Any ideas in things  to  try?
I could just try different max-heap sizes, which definitely changes where the
GCs happen.