[MLton-devel] pinned large arrays in MLton

Andrew Wright akwright@acm.org
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:47:32 -0400

Stephen Weeks writes:

 > Hey Andrew.  I wanted to let you know that the latest release of MLton
 >
 > 	http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50419&release_id=99631
 >
 > uses a runtime C function, GC_arrayAllocate, to allocate all arrays.
 > That should provide an easy hook to let you do complicated things with
 > large arrays.

Cool.  I have just switched hardware, and am having some issues with
linux on my compaq evo.  1.3GHz, .75 GB memory, small and lite.
Pretty nice hardware, but the disk seems quite a bit slower, and I
can't get suspend to work right.  So I will get back to ML stuff later
this week I think.

Andrew