Cygwin cross compiler

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:35:47 +0100

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> Sure.  Or however you would normally install a debian package.  Gmp
> version 3 or 4 should do.
>
> Out of curiousity, what was the exact error message and what program
> generated it?  I might want to add something to the docs.

I believe it was mlton complaining: unable to load library libgmp.so.3
or something.

I have installed it now - but that still didn't work until I made a
symlink
from /usr/local/lib to /lib. And actually now I'm not even sure if the
files
were already there before I installed the gmp from the distribution -
because
I still had to make a symlink from /usr/local/lib/libgmp.so.3 to
/lib/libgmp.so.3
before it worked. But now I added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf
instead -
which also works. (and I ran ldconfig).

But - symlink or ldconfig - now mlton won't run. I get:

Out of memory (setHeapParams)

when running mlton -v or even just mlton.

I don't know why I always screw things up when installing
software written by other people - it must be one of my
anti-talents :)

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com