[MLton-devel] Questions for Win32 port

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:24:48 +0200

Hello!

2 questions regarding the Win32 port of MLton:

1) How am I supposed to set up the boot-strap process
   when building a cross-compiler?
   Right now (for a first attempt) I'm just setting the
   path to my gcc cross-compiler and doing
   make target=win32
   (as I used to do). I don't know if this is very
   good if the compiler does a (native) self-compile
   first and then a cross-compile of the libraries.
   I guess it should set the path to the gcc cross-compiler
   during the process automatically.
2) I tried doing some of the "usual" modifications
   to the include files and then do a normal Linux
   native make and make install. But my modified
   header files didn't seem to get installed
   (at least not in /usr/lib/mlton). Are they
   installed somewhere else when I'm compiling from
   source compared to when I just installed the binary?
   I think the older versions used /usr/lib/local/mlton,
   but there is nothing there either it seems...

A good thing I can report though:

The new (native unmodified) compiler compiled my
CeX3D Converter application (the command-line version
without SDL) out-of-the-box. And it seems to work :)
(although I haven't done any serious testing yet).
It also works without having to disable the
known-case pass as I had to in an older version - and
at least the problem that occurred back then does not
seem to exist any more - so I think that this bug must
be completely gone now :)

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com