[MLton-devel] MLton profiler call-graph improvements

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:39:55 -0700

Hi Joe.  I just implemented the call graph improvements that we
discussed back at the beginning of April.  Sorry it took so long :-(.
As a reminder, the improvements were to eliminate mlton -profile-split
and instead have mlprof -split, which allows you to decide later where
to split.  Also, -ignore has been removed and -graph has been renamed
to -keep, and has the behavior that we discussed for adding dotted
edges representing missing paths.  I've played around with it some and
the results seem reasonable.

If you'd like to try it out and give us some feedback, we'd appreciate
it.  You can use the 20030707 release at

	http://www.mlton.org/experimental/

Thanks.