[MLton] test-{create,spawn} fail(?) on MinGW

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Mon Jul 6 14:40:11 PDT 2009

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> I was running a regression of HEAD when I noticed:
>
> testing test-create
>> 6c6
>> < exit_status: W_EXITSTATUS 7
>> ---
>>> exit_status: W_SIGNALED 7
>> difference with -type-check true
>> testing test-spawn
>> 6c6
>> < exit_status: W_EXITSTATUS 7
>> ---
>>> exit_status: W_SIGNALED 7
>> 8c8,9
>> < exit_status: W_SIGNALED 9
>> ---
>>> unhandled exception: SysErr: Unknown error: kill [nosys]
>>> Nonzero exit status.
>> difference with -type-check true

Cygwin (with use-mmap false) has a similar diff:
testing test-create
6c6
< exit_status: W_EXITSTATUS 7
---
> exit_status: W_SIGNALED 7
8c8
< exit_status: W_SIGNALED 9
---
> exit_status: W_EXITED
difference with -type-check true

I was happy to ignore it, since it is clearly due to a difference in
interpretation of exit codes when using GetExitCodeProcess.  One could go
through the effort of searching the Cygwin source for how they translate
from a GetExitCodeProcess exit code to a Posix style exit code, but I
wasn't sure it was worth the effort.