Segmentation fault when trying to use mllex and mlyacc

Roland Olsson rolsson@cs.chalmers.se
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:41:06 +0100 (MET)

The past day, I have been trying to port about 20k lines of my own source
code from SML/NJ 110.0.3 to MLton 1999-7-12. The biggest problem so far is
that Lex and Yacc do not seem to work at all with mlton without some
special arrangement.

I enclose a program and compilation log file for which the problem occurs.
The resulting executable gives a segmentation fault.

I noticed in the mlton src/front-end/sources.cm file that a file import.cm
was used to rebind basis library structures. I tried the same myself, but
then get the problem that other source code isn't compatible with the
basis any more. For example, String.substring suddenly seems to go
missing.

Any suggestions on how to use sml files generated by SML/NJ's lex and yacc
together with normal sml files that use the basis library?

Cheers,

Roland Olsson
Associate prof.
Chalmers