mlton2000

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Simon.

> 1) it's a bit unfortunate that you only distribute rpm. If someone, like
> me, only wants to have a local copy (not system-wide), he needs to convert
> it to .cpio and then to .tgz (rpm refuses to install even with --root set)

I thought that there was some way to do this, but Henry is in charge
of our RPM department :-)  I hope he'll have an answer for you.

> 2) the binary does not run on our SuSe Linux machines. It complains with
> "Unable to run MLton"

Hmmm.  This message is from the bin/mlton script, and it means that
the binary (lib/mlton) is not executable (or couldn't even be found).
What are its permissions?

> I'm currently recompiling MLton from the sources, but I don't know that
> the message means (I didn't find it in the doc)

I'll be interested to see if this creates a different binary.