MLton

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:11:19 -0500

It  is  true  that  we  should  include a shell file which does the rpm->cpio
conversion followed by the local install.

As to it not running under SuSe, it looks to me like you just  extracted  the
files  from  the resulting cpio and put them some where else.  You need to do
one other thing  to  make  things  work:  The  file  which  would  have  been
/usr/local/bin/mlton  is  a  shell  file.   At  the  start  it sets the shell
variable `root' to where it thinks the rest of MLton is.  Just edit this file
and  change  the  right-hand-side  to where ever you actually put this stuff.
(It should be a directory which contains subdirectories include and  lib  and
the lib subdirectory should contain world.mlton and  other files.)

Does  this  work?   If not, don't hesitate to send E-mail and I will see what
needs to be done to get it running for you.