Bug in Vector?

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:24:51 -0700 (PDT)

> I can say that it hurts to compile MLton with only
> 128 MB RAM and a 166Mhz Pentium :)
> I couldn't do it in one whole night, and I just had
> a tight deadline, so I've not tried it yet.

I don't think it's even feasible to compile on 128MB RAM.  Some of the
passes have 100MB live and MLton uses a stop-and-copy 2 space
collector, so at least 200MB is necessary.  Realistically, you'll need
256MB.

> But I'll get a new computer in a week or so, then I'll
> try this :)

OK.  BTW, if you're trying to work around it, the problem should only
appear when -> types occur in vectors, like in (int -> real) vector.