cvs woes

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:15:43 -0800

> Doesn't it disturb you that you can't read the logs without going through all
> of them (or limiting the date) and getting multiple copies of  each  one  and
> not  seeing  which  files  got  done  together?   I must be missing something
> because it really seems like a horrible problem.  What do you guys do?

It doesn't bother me.  Maybe it's because I do 'cvs update' frequently
enough that I see all the files that come in a single checkin, and I
just look at the log for one of them.  I only care about the major
checkins, and I don't think I'm likely to miss anything this way.

Also, if we had commit emails (hint hint), we would all be guaranteed
to never miss the log for a major checkin.

Also, if we had cvsweb (hint hint), it would be easier to see at a
glance what's happened to a collection of files.