new release of MLton

Doug Bagley doug@bagley.org
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:54:13 -0500 (CDT)

Stephen Weeks wrote:

> Hi Doug.  I'm glad to see your page is back.  I wanted to let you know that
> there is a new release of MLton available at
>
> 	http://www.sourcelight.com/MLton/mlton-20010706-1.i386.rpm
>
> This release has a native code backend (instead of gcc), so we should see better
> numbers for MLton.

Hi Stephen, I prefer to build from source, if possible.  I had no problem
with previous release, just typing "make" in the src/ directory.  With this
release I get an error.  I think it's picking up my currently installed
mlton instead of the src/bin/mlton script.  I will try to look at it again
later today.

If you recommend installation from binary, then would the .tgz binary
installation allow me to install over my current installation in
/usr/local/?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Doug