self compile with SSA simplifier

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:13:29 -0500 (EST)

> I've checked in changes so that we now pass all tests and can
> self-compile with the SSA simplifier.

Great.  I'm working on merging in the raises : Type.t vector option
changes to the SSA IL.  You really did a number on remove-unused.fun,
which merged very nastily with my extensive changes.  I need to go through
the whole thing with a fine tooth comb.

BTW, does anyone know how to get SML/NJ 110.9.1 to compile on a "current"
Linux distro (RedHat 7.1, Mandrake 8.1)?  I upgraded some stuff and need
to rebuild cmcat, but 110.9.1 always dies during an install.  It's from
Oct. 1998, so maybe there are (g)libc problems?