CVS

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:28:26 -0700

> I suppose, but is this really what you want?  I.e., the question is do you want
> people to get what ever is currently checked in or only what is in an
> `experimental' release.  I would think the latter.  This way there is an
> actual release name associated with what they have.

I think it's nice to be able to point compiler hackers (like Anoq) at the
current sources, for situations exactly like Matthew's today.  There are other
people, like Neal, and hopefully growing in number, who I would like to try to
draw in, but don't want to give full access just yet, and I view letting them
look at the latest CVS as a first step.

It's one more way to get people to look at the sources, and it's an access
method that people are used to.  So I think it's a good thing.

The experimental releases are useful too, for people like Norman who don't want
the sources but do need critical bug fixes.