new release

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:28:41 -0700

I've checked in all my Exn.history stuff.  I also checked in some changes to the
web pages, and the usual README changes in preparation for a new release.  The
main change to the web pages is that I added a new file doc/web/download.html,
which tells how to download MLton and how to get anonymous CVS access and cvsweb
access.  Henry, could you take a look and make sure those are OK, and change
them if they aren't.

All that we need in order to do the release are to check the CVS access
(or an indication from Henry that it will take too long, in which case they
should be commented out from download.html) and make the other RPMS.

I put the MLton home directory at
	http://www.star-lab.com/sweeks/mlton-home.tgz
which can be used if everything is OK.  Otherwise, let's go through a round of
changes, and then I can rerun make-rpms, or someone else can (it would be
interesting to see how it works for Matthew now that he's at a new site and how
it works for Henry, now that he has CVS access).

To make the new MLton, you will need the new binaries available in
mlton-home.tgz, since I have added a new value to the MLton structure
(MLton.Exn.history).  Or, you can make a minor change to
lib/mlton/basic/exn.sml to catch up to the new world.