mlton vs NJ compiled mlton

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:39:54 -0500

These times are truly very fine indeed, but it really isn't fair to not count
the gcc and as times as part of the MLton times.

How do these fine times jive with what we saw from before: that MLton  didn't
speed  MLton up by much?  Was that from back in the days when MLton was small
enough that SML/NJ could do  a  whole-program  compilation  of  it?   Was  it
because the new SML/NJ is worse?

I  can  see  from  the failure of SML/NJ doing a whole program compilation of
MLton that you are truly regretting the fact that we don't use MLRisc.