ICFP?

Jagannathan, Suresh Suresh.Jagannathan@storagenetworks.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:47:54 -0400

Truly wonderful!  I would love to start working on the opus again
and the pitch from Peyton-Jones is an outstanding piece of good news!  I
think
the opus should be very much along the lines you suggested, with maybe
a slightly more expansion of the SAS paper talking about closure conversion.
I also think that there's a tremendous amount to be gained in talking
about optimizations possible on the first-order language, especially based
on
the latest release.  Do you guys want to setup a time sometime this week to
talk about it?  I'd be happy to take a first crack at structuring the paper
(using
the earlier (presently defunct) version of the opus as a starting point).

BTW: I wore the MLton shirt this weekend to an amusement park, and many
young nubile females approached me wanting to know what MLton was, if it was
legal, and if it wasn't whether they could get it too.   You see, not only
is MLton a truly fine implementation
of SML, it is also viewed as an aprodisiac and hallucinigenic among the
truly enlightened.

-- Suresh