ICFP?

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:05:46 -0500

Hm,  I  hadn't  thought  about  such diverse and useful properties of the tee
shirt.  I think that  Stephen  wrote  some  stuff  on  ideas  for  the  opus.
Probably  a good chunk of this week will be on catching up for last week (and
setting up CVS for MLton), but after that it sounds great.

Also Stephen and I talked a bit about a new optimization (and change  to  the
IL)  for  handing  exceptions.   The  notion is that you can save the current
handler stack global, you can set the stack part of the global  to  point  to
the  current  frame,  and  you  can set the code pointer in the current frame
handler (only required because you are going to do a non-tail  call  to  some
function  in  the  dynamic  scope  of  a handle expression in this function).
Going to this non-block-structured IL  makes  more  optimal  code  generation
possible to express in the IL.