CVS is there

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:10:07 -0500

Ok, the CVS repository seems to be working.  I have set things up for Suresh,
Matthew and me so that we can get things with no passwords.   I'm  sure  that
Stephen  sent  me  his  identity.pub,  but I can't find it any where, so that
isn't set up yet.  Mail it to me and we are all set.

To use the system you should export the following environment variables:
    CVSROOT=:ext:sweeks@sourcelight.com:/home/henry/usr/mlton/CVS/ROOT
    CVS_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh
The above is for Stephen.  Suresh should replace `sweeks' with  `suresh'  and
Matthew  should replace `sweeks' with `fluet'.  If you don't like these login
names, tell me, but they seemd to be the ones you have used before.

I added some security hacks so that in theory your  logins  don't  give  away
shell access to the mail machine here, and also so that you can't use any CVS
root which isn't inside the above.

>From my connection (through a firewall) it takes about 15  seconds  to  check
out everything assuming you have nothing.  I'm sure it will be slower for you
guys, but it shouldn't matter much except in the initial wack.   The  machine
that  contains  the  repository  is a 500 MHz machine with 256 meg of RAM and
about 16 gig of disk space free, so we should be ok on that account.  I  back
up everything on it to tape about once a week.

Sorry  it took so long to set up, but I think it looks ok now.  Blast away at
it and mail me if there are any problems.  Also if something horrible happens
and I am not at work, you probably should give me a call at home at
    (847) 570-9016
since it is our mail machine and I wouldn't want it to be down for any length
of time.

Despite the amount of time it took, I now want the  hackers  guide  from  you
Stephen.  Of course I still have to check out the GMP 3.x stuff.