[MLton-devel] working with polyspace

Jagannathan, Suresh Suresh.Jagannathan@storagenetworks.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:42:14 -0400

Congratulations.  It seems like a fine opportunity.  Do you
interact with Deutsch frequently?  Are they interested in a
native-code implementation of MLton for the SPARC, or are
they committed to a C backend?  I would have thought that BIBOP
would be beneficial in the MLton context because of the type
information available in the code generator that could be
used by the GC. Are some of the ideas we've discussed on limit checks,
exceptions, and various representational analyses (modulo
flattening) of interest to them? =20

BTW: who is your current employer?

At any rate, it's a very nice show of confidence for MLton!

-- Suresh

=20