[MLton-devel] working with polyspace

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:21:46 -0700

> Do you interact with Deutsch frequently?

Only at a pretty high level, although it was he who suggested the
generational GC based on Sansom's "Dual-mode garbage collection"
paper.

> Are they interested in a native-code implementation of MLton for the
> SPARC, or are they committed to a C backend?

They are very interested.  The C backend is killing them in terms of
compile time.  It's just that they decided it was more important for
me to make their stuff run better on Windows than to improve the
situation on SPARCs.

> Are some of the ideas we've discussed on limit checks, exceptions,
> and various representational analyses (modulo flattening) of
> interest to them?

They come at it from the applications perspective (obviously), so
what's important to them is anything that makes their application run
faster or use less space.  In this case, representation improvements
might be helpful.

> BTW: who is your current employer?

Still InterTrust.