[MLton-devel] Re: [MLton-user] Installation of MLton under Cygwin

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:07:44 -0700

> Administrator /cygdrive/d/usr/local/bin
> $ /cygdrive/d/usr/local/lib/mlton/mlton-compile @MLton load-world /cygdrive/d/u
> sr/local/lib/mlton/world.mlton --
> sread failed (error 0)

Maybe it is a text/binary mode issue.  Can you please send the output
of the "mount" command and the value of the CYGWIN variable?  E.g.

% mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type user (binmode,noumount)
y: on /cygdrive/y type user (binmode,noumount)
z: on /cygdrive/z type user (binmode,noumount)
% echo $CYGWIN
binmode ntsec tty

> Administrator /cygdrive/d/usr/local/bin
> $ strace /cygdrive/d/usr/local/lib/mlton/mlton-compile @MLton load-world /cygdr
> ive/d/usr/local/lib/mlton/world.mlton --
> strace.exe: error creating process
> /cygdrive/d/usr/local/lib/mlton/mlton-compile
> , (error 3)
>
> Here we have new information. What does it mean?

This is probably a Cygwin or strace bug.  I guess we'll have to debug
without strace.