[MLton-devel] commit emails

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:14:04 -0700

As y'all just saw, there were 3 emails sent out for the commit I just
did.  As far as I can tell, there was one email sent for each
directory that was visited.  This was because I used "cvs ci" in my
root mlton directory instead of specifying a list of files to commit.
In the future, I'll try to remember to specify the file list so we
only get one email.

BTW, while browsing the CVS docs to see if there was a way to force
all the commits in one batch (I didn't find one), I saw the "-n"
option to commit, which disables the running of module programs.  This
might have saved us last week when I messed up syncmail.