[MLton-devel] mlton on freebsd

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:20:05 -0700

> There must be a bad interaction with the linux emulation, because I get
> a VSIZE over 1.6GB before it dies with SIGHUP.

One thing that you could try would be to compile with

	@MLton fixed-heap 500m --

This would cause MLton to only do a couple of mmaps and then reuse the
same memory over the whole time, which seems like it could work around
the VSIZE problem.

> I wonder if we could skip the whole linux emulation issue if someone
> could send me a tarball with the generated assembly?

I put a tarball of the generated assembly for the latest experimental
release (20020825) on the MLton files page at sourceforge:

	https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50419

Grab mlton-20020825-1.C-and-asm.tgz.