[MLton-devel] Twelf benchmark

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:09:19 -0800

> I saw this when it appeard on the news group and tried to see what the bug
> was in SML/NJ that they fixed (to see if it was mine about the tail-recursion
> thing) but I couldn't find anything in the release notes except for one
> reference to a space leak in CML I think which didn't seem to be related.
> Do you have any notion of what they `fixed'?

I see the following in the 110.41 README

	http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/what/smlnj/NEWS/110.41-README.html

  Fixed a long-standing memory leak in the GC where a program with
  fixed-sized live data could suffer from unbounded VM growth (bugs
  1119 and 1131). Note that we thought that this bug was fixed in
  110.40, but we were wrong.

Neither of those bugs is yours (1309), and that's still listed in
openbugs.

	ftp://ftp.research.bell-labs.com/dist/smlnj/working/bugs/openbugs

> On an unrelated note, did you hear anything back from Reppy other than the
> note about Blume also moving to Chicago?

Not yet.