Win32 port - the GC...

Anoq of the Sun anoq@hardcoreprocessing.com
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:32:53 +0100

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> Cool.  I am actually just starting to look into turning our latest
> internal version into a WinNT/2000 cross-compiler.  So it looks like I
> will port some/all of your stuff to our internal version and it will
> make it to the next release.

Please let me know when you need this. It basically compiles now -
I "just" need to get it to work :)

> The stack is allocated in the heap now.  It can be shrunk during a gc,
> which may then shrink the toSpace after the copying part of the gc is
> done.

Then the stack shrinking will just be disabled on Windows - as in
the old Win32 port. It's the same code actually.

> The signals stuff in gc.c is all for helping the implementation of
> MLton.Signal.  So if that isn't exported, you should be ok.

Many things are just commented out - including signals :)

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com