Cygwin cross compiler

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:27:11 +0100

Matthew Fluet wrote:
> O.k.
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/People/fluet/MLton
> now has mlton-20020314.i386.tgz which is /usr as seen by the installed
> RPM.  Permissions et.al. may well be screwed up.
>
> Also, Henry claims that the executable has the wrong glibc version, but
> I've not had any problems with it.

I think there is something wrong with the file. It's only 4k and
when unpacking I get complaints with "not a gzip archive".

glibc issues sounds serious. For all that I know I'm using glibc 2.1.
And I know there are always serious binary compatibility issues between
different glibc versions. But we'll see if it works on my system :)
glibc is one of the curses of Linux. But by the way - is it possible
to create binaries with MLton which does not rely on glibc?
(using the native x86 backend?) Because that would give
MLton binaries a good advantage over all other Linux binaries :)
But I guess the runtime uses it for all the system C-calls.
And probably it will give many other problems trying to avoid glibc.

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com