I have to add my changes :)

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:53:43 -0800

> As for cross-compiling - I'm still not sure if this cygwin-thing
> will work for me. I've set up all my SDL-stuff with Mingw32 - and at
> least it would be some work to set it up for a new compiler.

OK.  The hope at least is that now that the infrastructure for cross
compilation is in our sources, it should be easier for you to add back
Mingw32.  We'll see.

> Even if cygwin would work, I don't think it will allow me (or anyone
> else) to develop commercial software without paying the commercial
> licence for avoiding the GPL licence conditions:
> http://www.redhat.com/software/tools/cygwin/buycontract.html

Yeah.  The person I built the cross-compiler for didn't mind paying
the fee.  I'm sure there are others who won't mind the fee or GPL
their apps.  In any case, I will try to help you over the next few
months integrate a MinGW into our source tree, since I think it is a
nice alternative.  Plus, I'm not very happy with the robustness of
Cygwin.