[MLton-devel] cross-language nucleic benchmarks.

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:15:42 -0800

> The ML version does not compile with MLton; I can fix
> the atan->Math.atan parts, etc., but I can't seem to figure out
> how to compile the damn thing without getting the
>
> mlton: equal of strange type
>
> error.  So I'm wondering if any of you fine people could help me out
> with about 10 lines of ML code so I can get the SML version of this
> benchmark to compile again.

Sure.  The problem is the use of "=" on a value of type real (lines 40
and 43), which is not an equality type.  MLton's error messages, um,
leave a little to be desired, so we recommend always running your code
through another SML compiler first.  I ran nucleic2.sml through SML/NJ
and it pointed out the problem.  You can use Real.== instead (in
prefix instead of infix).