[MLton-devel] types for RSSA

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:05:45 -0800

> By way of clarification to Matthew's question, and
> because I didn't read Leroy's original message, since
> our newserver seems to have discarded it,

It is, of course, in google

	http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&th=6d1baea588177282&seekm=ar40nf%24gud%241%40cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu#link2

> are values in value-carrying variants recorded within the objects
> vector and or type index table, or are they properly stored as part
> of Memchunk?

Each value-carrying variant corresponds to one entry in the objects
vector, and may require many entries in the type index table in order
to describe the layout of the type.  Working through Matthew's and my
example code should clarify things.