[MLton-devel] types for RSSA

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:24:52 -0500 (EST)

> The enumSize was meant to specify the number of non-value-carrying
> variants.  The integer values of the tags was implicit.  Actually, to
> make stuff completely explicity, maybe I should go for the following
> So now, nonCarrying specifies the values of all the tags.

I like making the chosen tags explicit.  Again, it might make
representation/tag sharing a little clearer.

I'm guessing that we would also change the pointer-convention from
pointing to the first data-word to pointing to the header word.  Although,
that would seem to complicate indexing into arrays (the increment to the
first dataword might roll over a maxInt index).  So, maybe still pointing
to the first data-word is the right thing.