[MLton-devel] mlprof

Matthew Fluet fluet@CS.Cornell.EDU
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:02:02 -0500 (EST)

> Having mlprof do it seems inflexible to me.

Well, the motivation was to avoid opening a new xterm, emacs window, etc.
in order to coordinate profile data with code.

> I think it would be nice to have a separate program for manipulating SSA
> files.

I'm not against this.  In fact, I think it could be fairly useful.
I'd also love to see an ssadiff that was "immune" to alpha-renaming, case
branch ordering, and block ordering.

> Wouldn't it be nice if we could feed SSA files to MLton!

That would be very cool.