[MLton-devel] cvs commit: marge of basis-2002 branch

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:08:32 -0800

Thanks for the checkin Matthew.  It looks great.  I have a couple of
minor points.

>   Modified:
>                benchmark/tests md5.sml tensor.sml

I'm not sure I like the changes in the benchmarks.  Now, they only
compile under MLton and not under any of the other compilers.  It
would be best, if possible, to have the benchmarks work under both
basis 1997 and 2002.

>                doc      changelog

Could you list the functions that were added in the changelog
(e.g. IntInf.{orb, xorb, ...}, ...) in some reasonably compact way?
I'd like to put that in the bullet list of changes at the next
release.

Finally, would you object to having the -basis flag be

	-basis {2002|2002-strict|1997|none}

I find the "basis-" prefix redundant.