[MLton-devel] CVS problems

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:50:51 -0700

> Yes, it has been in the last 24 hours.  It's pretty weird.  I tried 6 times
> to do
> 	cvs co .
> in an empty directory and twice it just hung at the end.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.  I've never used "cvs co .".  I
always specify a project name and a directory name.

> I would like to start doing backups of the CVS archive, just
> to be safe, and if that is enough then I will just do this automatically every
> time I do backups of my machine.  If it isn't, is there a way to read the
> CVS archive from Sourceforge?

I do a nightly backup of the CVS archive on my machine.  Here's what I
use.

wget -q 'http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/mlton-cvsroot.tar.gz' &&
	mv mlton-cvsroot.tar.gz.1 mlton-cvsroot.tar.gz