[MLton-devel] yeah, that did the trick

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:13:05 -0700

> So, I think that means there are no known problems on FreeBSD.  I'll
> try self compiles tonight.

I just ran self compiles and regressions without problems.  Although,
a self compile took about 12 minutes on a 1.6GHz machine with 1G RAM
running in vmware, which is about twice as long as a comparable RedHat
linux machine.

I put up a binary tgz for FreeBSD on the MLton file release page:

Sam, please try it out and let us know of any problems.  I'm hoping to
announce availability of FreeBSD in the next MLton release, which
should be any day now.

Also, if you have any ideas about why performance might be so bad, let
us know.