[MLton-devel] Re: debian package for upcoming release of MLton

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:14:21 -0700

> Thanks - I'll upgrade to 20020919.

Actually, we found a few glitches and are repackaging. If you hold off
an hour or so, I'll have 20020920 up, which will be the public
release.

> If you go to
>  http://packages.debian.org/mlton
> you can get the latest work I've done, which was on 20020728.1.
> There is the original upstream tarball, along with a patch file
> containing the debian/ subdir and any other changes I've made.
>
> Or if you want my latest build (possibly unsuitable for uploading) try
> http://snot.cs.unm.edu/~bap/debian-cvs-build-packages/mlton/

I see lots of files there (.diff.gz, .dsc.txt, .changes.txt,
.upload.txt) and I have no idea how they were generated.  Can you walk
me through the process of building the MLton debian package from the
MLton source tgz?  Do you have a script to do most of it?  I have no
idea how it works and it would be faster for you to tell me, or at
least send a shell transcript of when you make 20020920.  Thanks.

> If you do take over generating Debian packages (please please!) let me
> know and I'll upload them to the archive for you, until and unless you
> get your own access to the Debian archive.

I'll take it over.  I'll worry about access to the archive later.