[MLton-devel] NetBSD support for MLton (!)

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:31:15 -0700

> I am happy to announce I got MLton to work on NetBSD this afternoon.

Great!

> > a) Pack and announce place of the bootstrapped compiler
>
> http://j.mongers.org/pub/misc/MLton-netbsd-20030821.tar.gz

I've grabbed it and will try it out tonight or tomorrow.

> > c) send the patches needed to the list here. They need a bit of cleanup
> >    first.
>
> http://j.mongers.org/pub/misc/patch-mlton-netbsd-20030821

Checked in.

Moving forward, I'd like to be able to build MLton for NetBSD as part
of my packaging process where I build for all our platforms.  I've got
a NetBSD machine up and running (under VMWare), so if you send the
needed files, I'll create an analog of the freebsd directory in the
CVS sources.  Hopefully after a few rounds of email we can work out
all the kinks and NetBSD will become part of our standard release.

Thanks for all the work.  BTW, I'd like to send you a MLton t-shirt in
appreciation for your efforts, so if you send me your size and the
address where you would like it mailed, I'll send it.