[MLton-devel] cvs commit: using header words as variant tags

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:01:43 -0800

> I don't know if it is due to the variant tag checkin, but I'm getting a
> lot of segfaults in the regressions; I have a modified
> x86-allocate-registers.fun that I want to check in, but I'm not able to
> test it with the current sources.  The segfaults seem primarily in thread
> and IntInf regressions, so I'm inclied to think that there is a bug in the
> variant tags.  Although, the segfault (at least in callcc.sml) occurs with
> both -variant {first-word,header}.

I ran all the regressions, all the benchmarks, and many rounds of
self-compiles before checking in the new stuff.  I will start them
again and see what happens.  Can you try them again starting from a
clean sources and without the x86-allocate-registers mod?

Also, if it is truly a backend bug, you should be able to see it with
-native false as well.