[MLton-devel] Re: [Twelf-developer] Twelf and MLton

Frank Pfenning Frank Pfenning <fp@cs.cmu.edu>
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:57:04 -0500

Hi Stephen,

  I'll get back to you next week---I am completely swamped with
grad admissions.  Short answer: Regress is easy to provide,
since it comes with the standard distribution, except for the
script that runs the relevant examples.

  Small misunderstanding: the memory leak is not a
memory leak in the SML implementations, but in Twelf.
Unfortunately, it would be very expensive to fix, or design
an algorithm that could conceivably fix it.  For some reason
this leak did not bother MLton, even though it bothered the
other implementations very significantly.

  - Frank