[MLton-devel] Re: [Twelf-developer] Twelf and MLton

Roberto Virga rvirga@cs.princeton.edu
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 07:55:07 -0500

> We would be grateful for any feedback you could provide on MLton
> 20020130, especially on the new features, since we are planning to do
> a public release soon.  We would also be interested to hear if the
> profiling tools help you find some low-hanging fruit that lets you
> speed up Twelf.

Steven,

currently MLton (and anything compiled with MLton, including the Twelf RPM)
doesn't work with RH 8.1 beta (Phoebe). I've tested with 8.0.92 (the first
beta) and 8.0.93 (the second beta). I've also tested with the latest (as of
today, 2/7/03) glibc from Rawhide (the problem seems glibc-related, and I
suspect has something to do with the NPTL).
Most likely it's RedHat's fault, but you may want to take action (by filing a
bug report on RH's bugzilla, for example) before 8.1 goes gold.

All executables created with MLton generate the following error message on
launch:
> unhandled exception: SysErr Invalid argument
and then quit.

The last version of MLton which works with Phoebe is 20020410.

- Roberto