[MLton-devel] very unfortunate behavior when profiling allocations

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:05:14 -0700

> I had forgotten about OS.Process.atExit.  The basis spec says that it is
> only called if you call exit, so it won't be run if an unhandled exception
> is raised.

No, the basis spec says that atExit functions are called if you call
exit, not only if.  MLton installs a top-level handler that handles
the exception, prints a sensible message, and calls
OS.Process.exit. Although I agree that the basis library doesn't
require this.