[MLton-devel] strip bug on Debian causing MLton segfault

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:09:52 -0500

Yikes.  The non-determinacy makes me think hardware problem, or, if not that,
some kind of kernel problem with the VM system.
What are you running Debian under, VMware?  I suppose it could be some kind of
but there.  What kind of hardware.
The only other kind of variation that could be going on (non-kernel,
non-hardware) would be from the environment I guess, but I don't see any thing
that would do that in your shell loop.
At this point I would say that this last test makes it very unlikely that
strip is really relevant.