[MLton-devel] strip bug on Debian causing MLton segfault

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:34:12 -0500

In general non-determinacy in Linux/Unix is really rather hard to come by.
Aside from the shell environment and command line arguments (including the
program name) everything is strictly specified.  This was done exactly because
C is such an unsafe language that any memory variability would make debugging
horribly non-deterministic.
I know that you have used VMware to great advantage, but I would still rate
that pretty high.  Doesn't Ramsey use Debian?  Perhaps you could send him a
small test.  I have been wanting to install Debian, but I haven't gotten
around to it and am a bit pressed over the next few days unfortunately.