[MLton-devel] New release of MLton: call-graphs

Joe Hurd MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:23:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Matthew Fluet wrote:

> > Shouldn't there always
> > be a connection from <main> to every function?
>
> There should be, but the default call-stack graphs produced by mlprof will
> remove nodes below the threshold, which can leave the graph disconnected.

I must be mistaken in how the visualization algorithm works. Suppose
the full graph is A -> B -> C, and B gets removed. I thought a link
would then be inserted from A -> C, thus preserving the connectness
property. Is that incorrect?

Cheers,

Joe