[MLton-devel] porting to PowerPC

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 15 May 2003 09:50:26 -0700

> The Motorola connection is still evolving -- they're interested in
> providing an equipment grant, but would like to see examples of
> projects that could beneft from such a grant.

If you could swing it to get me a 64-bit PowerPC that would be great.
It's essential if I am to help in the port and to keep it so that I
can build and test on all our platforms right out of my home.

> Compiler research in MLton, especially on 64-bit platforms, seemed
> like an obvious candidate.

I could see having a student do the 32 bit port, like what I just did
for Sparc/Solaris.  Like I said, 64 bits will require more thought and
work.