[MLton] cvs commit: world no longer contains a preprocessed basis library

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:24:12 -0500 (EST)

>   Moved the preprocessed basis library out of world.mlton (but not out
>   of the SML/NJ heap).  I did this because the world is starting to get
>   really huge with all of the type information and with the multiple
>   bases.  It's currently at about 25M.  Even with compression, it's
>   getting annoying having that in the package.

Is there a point to having world.mlton anymore?  It's now only 800K, and
as best I can make out, all it really does is initialize globals.  And
considering that it takes all of .07 seconds on my 500MHz machine to
export the world file, it certainly isn't a big impact on compile times.