[MLton-devel] What is the building status of the project right now?

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis@mongers.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:13:52 +0200

I was trying to create a milestone to ensure MLton still builds on
NetBSD. Though I ran into a couple of problems. I am missing the feature
of TextIO, so the following is what upgrade-basis.sml contains:

structure TextIO =
   struct
      open TextIO

      fun inputLine ins =
         case TextIO.inputLine ins of
            "" => NONE
          | s => SOME s
   end

Yet, when I try to compile MLton it b0rks with the following. It is in
the 2nd stage of the compilation. The stable MLton compiler I have here
builds the first stage without problems:

MLton MLTONVERSION (built Thu Oct  2 00:01:43 2003 on sarah)
MLton starting
   Compile SML starting
      pre codegen starting
upgrade-basis.sml:6.10-9.4 Error: unify: type constructors not equal
   t1: char vector
   t2: char vector option
../lib/mlton/basic/error.sml:16.6-16.7 Error: unify: type constructors not equal
   t1: char vector option
   t2: char vector
      pre codegen raised in 9.22 + 0.00 (0% GC)

Is there any good suggestion to this? Rebuilding from SML/NJ is one
option, but it takes a very very very long time so I hope I can get past
that one. And I even dont know if it works. Another possibility is that
the tree is broke right now.

I have most of a pkgsrc for MLton in NetBSD too, so when it gets
released I shoud be able to build a stable package for it in no time.

--
j.