[MLton-devel] What is the building status of the project right now?

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:33:30 -0700

> Yet, when I try to compile MLton it b0rks with the following. It is in
> the 2nd stage of the compilation. The stable MLton compiler I have here
> builds the first stage without problems:
>
> MLton MLTONVERSION (built Thu Oct  2 00:01:43 2003 on sarah)
> MLton starting
>    Compile SML starting
>       pre codegen starting
> upgrade-basis.sml:6.10-9.4 Error: unify: type constructors not equal
>    t1: char vector
>    t2: char vector option
> ../lib/mlton/basic/error.sml:16.6-16.7 Error: unify: type constructors not equal
>    t1: char vector option
>    t2: char vector
>       pre codegen raised in 9.22 + 0.00 (0% GC)
>
> Is there any good suggestion to this?

The Makefile is supposed to build upgrade-basis.sml for each compile.
So, for the first compile it should contain the TextIO stuff.  But
then for the second compile, it should be empty.  Is that the case?
The type error in upgrade-basis.sml makes me think not.  Is
upgrade-basis running for the second compile?

I am running a make from clean sources and will let you know what I
see shortly.