[MLton-devel] Re: MLton question

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:52:19 -0700

> The Makefile has the line
>
> 	LEX = mllex
>
> in it, but I think that it doesn't get passed to the recursive calls.

Right.  LEX is for the generated lexer.

> I'm trying to compile it on a Mac, so using a binary package is not an
> option.

Ahh.  I suppose the easiest fix is then to copy over the generated lex
and yacc files from somewhere else.

I'm not sure if the ml-lex that comes with SML/NJ will work.

> > Use CM.make "sources.cm"
>
> I tried that too, but there is a conflict with INT_INT being imported
> from two
> sources (the SML/NJ basis and also from
> lib/mlton-stubs-in-smlnj/int-inf.sig.

Ahh.  Which version of MLton are you compiling?  The 20030716 release
or the CVS head?  20030716 runs with SML/NJ 110.42, while in the CVS
head we have upgraded to 110.43.

It looks like that error comes from using 110.43 on 20030716, which
won't work because SML/NJ added INT_INF in 110.43.

> But you are not doing anything beyond what you get with "gcc -o"?

Right.  Maybe the binutils isn't necessary, but I don't think the
linker came on the machine that I got from sun.